Train as an infant massage instructor
Learn how to teach infant massage with our baby massage instructor course across the UK and in your home. Our 'open' infant massage instructor training courses are held in Bristol, Brighton, Birmingham, Doncaster, Edinburgh, Harrogate, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Peterborough, Sheffield and York.
We also offer a range of other learning options such as in house infant massage instructor courses for children centres and charities, distance learning and one to one training, as well as bespoke options.
Our aim is to train you to be able to deliver a really flexible way of teaching infant massage. We train you in our 4 and 5 week course structure for groups and individuals but really want you to be able to teach it the way your clients and customers need you to.
We have trained people almost 3000 infant massage, baby and toddler yoga instructors who are out there teaching infant massage in many different settings such as private practice, children's and Flying Start centres, nurseries, paediatric wards, Portage services and additional needs schools, social services, cardiac units and special care baby units to name a few.
What is infant massage?
Infant massage is one of the easiest and most pleasant methods of providing early positive interaction through bonding, fun, trust and relief whilst incorporating nurturing touch, massage and reflexology.
What’s the aim of the diploma in teaching infant massage?
The infant massage instructor training course is designed to provide practitioners with the knowledge and teaching ability to safely and effectively deliver infant / baby massage sessions and courses to parents and babies within a variety of individual and group settings.
Who can go on the infant massage instructor course?
You’ll need to be experienced in at least one of the following:
- Childcare practitioner such as a nursery nurse, nanny or childminder
- Sure Start / children's centre worker
- Massage therapy
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health care worker (nurses, health visitors and midwives)
- Parent who has attended a baby massage class with their own baby.
What can I expect to learn?
- Principles, history and benefits of infant massage
- Preparing for baby massage classes
- Safety aspects and explanations
- Infant development in relation to infant massage
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health considerations for baby massage classes
- Infant massage strokes and movements
- Infant massage in different circumstances
- Infant massage in groups and with individuals
- Setting up and marketing your infant massage business
- Running infant massage courses both face to face and virtually online
What will I receive at the end of the course?
You’ll receive a diploma in teaching infant massage (Instructor Course). Please note this is a therapy diploma and not an academic diploma. This course is also externally CPD (Continuing Professional Development) accredited by the CPD Standards Office and this is stated on your qualification certificate on completion.
Distance online learning
Please click here to START TRAINING AS AN INFANT MASSAGE INSTRUCTOR NOW VIA DISTANCE LEARNING
Is the course accredited or recognised by any other organisations?
Our highly accredited baby massage instructor training face to face courses are fully approved , accredited and validated by the following organisations:
- the Royal College of Midwives - RCM,
- the Complementary Therapists Association - CThA
- the International Institute of Complementary Therapy - IICT,
- the CPD Standards Office,
- the Federation of Antenatal Educator [FEDANT]- Westminster Indemnity
We have both our Face to face and Distance Learning instructor training in Infant Massage and Baby Yoga accredited by the Royal College of Midwives.
Do I need any equipment?
You’ll need a doll (preferable soft bodied), towel, small blanket and a cushion.
Did you know we also offer Tummy time instructor training?
This is great add on to your infant massage or baby yoga training or for your nursery and childcare practitioners. Please click here for more information.
What else is included?
- The ability to create a career you desire as a baby massage instructor which is flexible, accessible and able to work around your existing commitments.
- Expert tuition will be led by Julie Cleasby who is an experienced infant massage and baby yoga instructor, registered paediatric nurse and health visitor or one of her experienced team.
- ~Access to our team of trainers have backgrounds in midwifery, health visiting, child development, teaching, massage, physiotherapy bringing a wide variety of skills and experience. They have all also previously trained with To Baby and Beyond themselves.
- Access to bi-monthly webinars with Founder Julie Cleasby on a range of topics including massage and yoga updates and also business set up.
- You will receive downloadable handouts to support your learning.
- Many video demonstrations throughout the course
- Assessment fees.
- Ongoing support throughout your post-course self-directed study.
- An exclusive invite to our student and instructor 'Huddle' group just for To Baby and Beyond.
- Monthy email updates.
- Invite to our monthly virtual Live Student coaching session with Julie
- Invite to our monthly virtual live instructor Q and A sessions with Julie or one of the training team
- Invite to our monthly Get Confident challenges
- Exclusive offers and discounts on further instructor trainings, courses and events
- Access to further reduced cost study and CPD events.
Instructor training prices
Face to face Diploma in Teaching Infant Massage - £385pp
Virtual Face to face over Zoom Diploma in Teaching Infant Massage - £370pp
Distance learning Diploma in Teaching Infant Massage - £355
In house Diploma in Teaching Infant Massage - from £283pp
One to one training either face to face or virtually face to face - from £500pp
Which infant massage instructor course is right for me?
The following four choices allow you to study for a diploma in teaching infant massage within a location, time frame and environment that works for you.
Royal College of Midwives
Independent Professional Therapists International
International Institute for Complementary Therapists
Why should I learn how to be a baby massage instructor?
I qualified with Julie in autumn 2010 as an Infant Massage Instructor. I run local ‘drop-in massage’ sessions at a few locations and also offer 1-2-1 courses in parent's own homes for them to learn baby massage in a way that is most relevant to them. I absolutely love teaching and how easy it has been to fit my business in with my own life. I'm about to take a break though as I’m due with our next baby in about 10 days!
I qualified as an Infant Massage Instructor with Julie in Nov 2011 whilst I was on maternity leave. I have set up Happy Hands Baby Massage in Teddington and work this around my day job as an Events Manager and my young family. I hope to expand Happy Hands as our family grows and family needs change. Ideally I hope Happy Hands will one day be my main business and hope to add baby yoga, pregnancy massage & more for a rounded experience for mums. There are lots of babies in my area so I am hoping for word of mouth to help me along the way!
I really enjoyed the Infant baby massage distance learning course. I’ve got great support and quick reply to questions I had. Julie was great to work with over our Skype session. My assignments were send back really quickly after marking with feedback that is useful. I recommend the course for anyone interested in taking the distance course. Very happy with this company. Thank you for all the great support and it was great working with you.
Rozanne du Preez
This 2-day infant massage instructor course involves a small group at a choice of UK venues including Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, London, Sheffield, Doncaster or your own home or workplace.
Express open course
This intensive one-day infant massage instructor training is ideal for those looking to teach baby massage and is a maximum of four participants and takes place at venues in Brighton and Hove, Doncaster or London.
This intensive 1-day baby massage teacher training course is just for individual learners and takes place in your own home or at our venue in Hove.
Home distance learning
Our distance learning infant massage instructor training uses Email, Skype and video presentations which allow you to learn how to teach baby massage in your own home and in your own time.
Children centre training
We offer flexible and cost effective infant massage instructor training for children's centres across the UK.